Tuesday 16 October 2012

Summit to Sea



A night was spent at Burning Mountain (Camps6 #187) and from there the intention was to turn E at Scone to Moonan Flat (Camps6 #189) but I couldn't find the caretaker to pay my fees or, more importantly, obtain a key for the shower - I really did need one at this stage!  NB Apparently they only charge $8.50/night for a powered site and it is a pleasant spot by a creek.  So I continued on to my main goal for the area, Barrington Tops, which was covered in snow!  Very pretty and while I had intended to camp there that night, the slush and mud soon changed my mind so I continued over the Range to spend the night at Copeland Reserve (Camps6 #359) near Gloucester, on the E side of the Range.  
The following day I went to #121, a day camp on the coast which listed showers amongst its virtues - nice spot but the showers were typical seaside affairs - cold water only and no privacy whatsoever.  Lemon Tree is a pleasant and popular spot, with a netted swimming area, boat ramp and a few shops.  
From here I headed back up the Hunter Valley, doing a quick hard left at Maitland at the "Market Today" sign pointing toward the showground.  It was as much a Boot Sale as a market, with stalls offering an assorted array of car and motorcycle parts.  With high hopes of obtaining a workshop manual for my Hi Ace, I was sadly informed that they are hard to come by.  As there was a Caravan Park nearby, I booked in for the night and tidied up before setting off to explore the Hunter Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment